I had the pleasure of meeting Bob Greenberg, the mind behind The Brainwaves Channel at BLC14 in Boston. Bob has been traveling the US and the world to film and connect educators who share their own thoughts, perspectives, experiences and ideas on education.
“The Brainwaves” is a video anthology. Here you will meet the thinkers, dreamers and innovators; some of the brightest minds in education. This series is meant to inspire and engage the viewer to dig deeper and learn more. In the words of Georges Melies, (The Invention of Hugo Cabret) “Now sit back, open your eyes and be prepared to dream.”
I am honored to have been asked to share my thoughts on globally connected learning along side a fantastic list of friends, colleagues and mentors in the field of education.
These short videos (about 4-10 minutes long) are thought starters for any self-directed educator and conversation starters for learning communities and professional development.
Sample Videos from the list of over 65 videos (and growing)
- Yong Zhao, “World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students” http://youtu.be/Wk–J3E8yqc
- Tony Wagner “Creating Innovators” http://youtu.be/IE6-u6N5oE8
- Heidi Hayes Jacobs “Mastering Global Literacy” http://youtu.be/S3Hhd8K6KM4
- Pasi Sahlberg, “Finnish Lessons: What can the world learn from educational change in Finland?” http://youtu.be/__fPKinzHCg
- Alan November “Who Owns the Learning? Preparing Students for Success in a Digital Age” http://youtu.be/NOAIxIBeT90