More and more people have asked about the sketchnotes you see sprinkled throughout the Langwitches blog. I was thrilled when Felix Jacomino, organizer of Miami Device, asked me to do a Sketchnoting 101 workshop at the conference this upcoming Friday.
Here is the slidedeck, I have been working on and a few resources that have helped me wrap my mind around Sketchnoting FOR learning and develop a few skills and strategies along the way.
- You don’t have to be an artist ( I am not…)
- The process of thinking involved AS you are creating the sketchnote about a topic is “mindblowing”.
- Sketchnoting helps me process and digest a talk, wrap my mind around a large amount of information and organize my thoughts better. I am using sketchnoting as part of my learning process.
Links & Resources:
- Mix FiftyThree
- Paper App by Fifty Three
- Sunni Brown: TED Talk: Doodlers Unite
- Sunni Brown on Twitter
- Langwitches’ Sketchnoting Pinterest Board
- Sketchnote Scribes Google+ Community
- A Sketchnote Primer by Brad Ovenell-Carter
- Langwitches’ Diigo Social Bookmarks about Sketchnoting
- The Doodle Revolution: Unlock the Power to Think Differently by Sunni Brown
- The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking by Mike Rohde