As I was working with teachers at the Goethe Schule in Buenos Aires, Argentina today, supporting them in creating their own new blogs for professional development and to document their learning. I wanted to show them that I did not start out with the Langwitches blog the way it is today.
- I felt my way around with what to write…
- How to write with an audience in mind… yet not knowing if anyone was reading
- Not receiving any feedback in form of comments
- I was not used to writing in English
- I had never heard or experimented with hyperlinked writing
- I was not fluent in creating, inserting, embedding different forms of media as part of a blog post to be able to communicate and model
I pulled up my first blog entry to realize that I had started Langwitches exactly 9 years ago, February 20th, 2006.
It was interesting to see that I already had a vision of documenting and sharing since the beginning. It was satisfying that exactly 9 years later, I was indeed working with teachers, who teach German or Spanish to many second language learners here in Argentina and supporting them to set up their blogs 🙂
Langwitches Blog, February 20, 2006
This Blog is an experiment. I am fascinated by the possibilities of blogging in the foreign language classroom. I will document what I have learned and hopefully inspire other language teachers to try their own blogs.