I have been tagged by Pam Shoemaker. This in itself proves the power of the blogosphere and those little seemingly “insignificant” games such as memes that are floating around. I had never heard of Pam or have read her blog “Yes Tech“. What a gem though. Thank you for tagging me and inviting me to your ed tech world. The networking that goes on behind the curtains is amazing.
Mmmhh, five things that most people don’t know about me.
- My mother has and is my best friend for as long as I can remember. We did not have these “in between” years when almost all my friends could not talk to their mothers or wanted to shoot them to the moon.
- I have lived almost my entire life “Lost in Transit”. I was born in Germany and never felt “at home” since my father had always talked to us about his “home” in Argentina. Once we moved to Argentina, I did not belong to Germany anymore, but was also a “foreigner” in Argentina. The past 19 years I have lived in the USA and I still don’t belong…
- It has been almost 10 years since my father past away. I still miss him…
- I have been online since 1991, when I became an active member of the “Babies to be born in January of 1992” Pregnancy Board on Prodigy. After that I was hooked.
- I have a passport phobia. I cannot imagine not owning a passport or it being expired. Usually I get anxious when my expiration date gets within one year. I have a bag with all my families’ passports next to my bed (All nine of them). It was the first thing I grabbed when we prepared to possibly having to evacuate during the 2004 hurricane season in Florida. During the chaos of feelings during September 11th in 2001, I double checked that all the passports where in the right spot and close by several times. I often wonder if this is a generational after- effect due to the fact that my father’s family was denationalized in 1939 from Germany?