I am really thrilled about the use of Skype in the classroom. You can tell by reading the last posts about Skype:
I would like to connect my students (PreK- through 6th grade)Â in the next 6 months to at least 80 different schools in order to circle the globe once.
Here is the idea:
- Keep it short. Skype calls can be from one minute to no longer than 5 minutes.
- The goal is to connect with at least 80 schools in different parts of the world. Some of the schools will be in the same country or even city.
- Don’t stop until you have circled the globe with at least 80 different schools?
- Let’s connect via Skype, just to say Hello , Hola, Ni Hao, Hallo, Shalom, etc.
- Prepare with your students ahead of time, what you would share with the other school about your own and what questions would you ask? Remember you will only have up to 5 minutes for Q &A
- What languages do you speak in the country you live in?
- What continent are you on?
- How do you say “?” ?
- What is the nearest big city?
- What is the name of your president?
- What did you always wanted to know about our country?
- We will keep track of the schools we connected with on Google Maps.
- The goal is to do this in the next 6 months (January- June of 2009)
- Will you help us out? Please fill out the following Google form, so I can contact you for