We believe in globally connected learning, not only for students and schools, but for ourselves. We lead by example- collaborating across time zones, pushing our limits, learning through trial and error, reflecting, and always sharing. Together we are smarter, stronger, better and speak more languages! We created amplifiEDucation to share our passion and experience with educational innovation.
Our courses are designed for the curious educator who’s ready to connect, create and share with the world. Each amplifiEDU course contains resources, templates and materials for you to use with students, many that are only available to our course users. Courses are simple, step-by-step, convenient and come with a money-back guarantee.
Coming Soon: Upgrade your KWL Chart to the 21st Century
Want to be notified when this course becomes available? Sign up for the amplifiEDucation newsletter list
AUDIENCE: This course is for any teacher using the traditional KWL (Know- Want to know- Learned) Chart and wanting to embed 21st century skills and literacies to the practice. It is for educators looking to structure the learning process and help students make their thinking and learning visible to themselves and others.
DESCRIPTION: Welcome to the “Upgrade your KWL Chart to the 21st century” course by amplifiEDucation. Are you familiar with the traditional KWL chart as a graphic organizer to guide student learning? Have you ever wondered how you can amplify learning by upgrading the chart with a few simple steps to include 21st century skills and literacies? The upgraded chart is based on the belief that
- REFLECTION is an integral part of the learning process
- through technology tools our access to INFORMATION has exponentially expanded
- our ability to take ACTION goes beyond affecting people we are able to reach face to face
- technology tools allow us to express and communicate in OTHER FORMS of media beyond words and text
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
In this course, you will learn about the KWHLAQ graphic organizer: What it is? You will discover its history and uses as well as tools, platforms and visible thinking routines that support each phase of the organizer. You will look at ideas to use the KWHLAQ chart for your own learning and in your own classroom.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Visual: Updated KWLHAQ visuals(pdf)
- Template: KWHLAQ chart template (pdf) to use with students
- Template: KWHLAQ chart template in Google Docs to use with students
- Template: KWHLAQ chart template in PowerPoint (.pptx) to use with students
- Template: KWHLAQ chart template in Keynote (.keynote) to use with students